We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
Veterans - Honoring Life & Service
Honoring the service and achievements of your loved ones and celebrating the life you shared together are the cornerstones of healing after loss. A Military Service conducted at the US National Cemetery or Cemetery of your families choosing is a dignified and patriotic tribute to your loved one.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Summersett Funeral Home and Cremation Center can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Traditional or Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call at (704) 633-2111. We will be honored to speak with you.
US National Cemetery &W.G. Hefner VA Medical Center
Summersett Funeral Home is located just blocks away from the U.S. National Cemetery and W.G. Hefner Medical Center. Honoring the life of your loved one means you value the relationship you shared. We look forward to helping you decide how to celebrate that bond, and honor the unique individual you've lost. We can make suggestions to enhance your tribute ideas. Together we will create a fitting and memorable event. Contact us today to discuss the possibilities.
Your loved ones service has entitled his/her family to receive benefits based on the deceased service history. Summersett Funeral Home will assist in filing the necessary documents to obtain those benefits with the use of an Honorable Discharge form, DD214.
Cemetery space (in a National Cemetery), burial vault, grave or niche marker, and a flag are provided for your loved ones faithful service to our country. More information can be found thru the Department of Veterans Affairs - Burial Benefits.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (704) 633-2111. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.